OBADA provides a standard method for creating NFTs for physical objects, and a decentralized NFT registry in which to store them. A physical NFT differs from a digital NFT because there needs to be a connection to the real-world object.
The Physical Layer
A standard method for self-generating decentralized identifiers for physical assets, based on the assets serial number.
The NFT Registry
A decentralized registry for storing data associated with the physical object.
The NFT Oracle Service
A bridge to connect layer-1 blockchains and supply chain system to the NFT data and to the physical object itself.
By enabling physical NFTs, OBADA provides a necessary foundational infrastructure component for supply-chain focused blockchains and DLT systems.
The Asset Disposition Sector
By enabling digital transformation of the recycling sector to offer chain-of-custody services to enterprises, enabling proof of data sanitization, service, recycling, and other decentralized chain of custody services.
Manufacturers, Researchers, Governments
By enabling traceability and a payment system across the asset disposition reverse-chain, manufacturers can ensure their products are recycled, researchers will finally get access to good data on e-waste flows, and governments could design effective EPR systems.
The rest of the world
By enabling enterprises and organizations to tokenize their EOL IT assets, companies will be able to trust their devices are processed correctly to avoid data breaches, for environmental responsibility, and to achieve maximum resale value when the asset is retired.
- A graphic showing machine>client>blockchain
- read more
The real-world side is governed by a traditional foundation. The “blockchain” is run by a DAO.
The OBADA Foundation 501(c)6
- An industry coalition from the asset disposition sector.
- Handles "real-world" issues.
- Responsible for:
- Standard development
- Industry relations
- Initial development
- Off-chain governance model
The OBADA DAO
- A Wyoming DAO LLC
- 7 current members. 100 max.
- Responsible for:
- Vote on improvements and changes
- Vote on fees and rewards
- Every aspect of OBADA is deterministic and/or self-sovereign, based on open technologies
- OBADA is working with ISO to standardize our approach. (or whatever we are allowed to say here)
- read more
- Machine generated OBITS enable the carfax
- Use a simple graphic
- The network medium of exchange, an ERC-20 utility token called OBD.
- OBD can be staked to fund the system.
- Platform fees and rewards in OBD are distributed to the OBD stakers.
Industry (Registry) Fees
- Minimum viable fees for the industry to self-fund the system.
- .001 OBD "Gas Fee": A "write" fee to fund nodes.
- 1% Service Fee: A markup on asset disposition services to fund the system.
End-User (L1) Fees
- Platform revenue collected from the outside world, distributed to the on-chain asset disposition ecosystem.
- 1 OBD “Platform/Oracle fee”: a one-time "per NFT" fee collected at the oracle gateway from L1-blockchains and outside supply-chain systems.
- Decentralized “recycling fee” so the burden of the system cost is on the end-user.
- A reward is mined for successfully recycling a device, or extending it’s life through reuse.
- 1 OBD is mined upon completion of a platform KPI (key performance indicators): Proof of Data Sanitization and Reuse, or Proof of Recycling.
- Fees are distributed to OBD Stakers in proportion to their stake
- Urban Recyling Rewards are distributed as follows
- 1/3 to actor chain leading to the proof
- 1/3 for staked OBD
- 1/3 to the OBADA treasury
- All fees and rewards amounts are voted on by the DAO membership.
“Staking” OBD means locking it up so it cannot be used. As compensation, stakers receive a proportionate share of fee and rewards revenue.
- DAO Members must “stake nodes” to receive node and governance rights
- User can optionally “stake” their NFT for the urban recycling reward.
Pre-Launch: 50 million OBD will be distributed pre-launch as follows:
- 16% founding team
- 16% Initial DAO Members (7)
- 16% Phase 2 DAO Members (~15) join phase 2
- 16% Phase 3 DAO Members (~75)
- 33% reserve for industry/institutional investors
These tokens will be locked (staked) for a period of _3 years__ (per DAO vote)
Min-Viable Production: An additional 50 million tokens will be created
- Resold via the DAO members from a community pool
- 10% commission to the seller (per DAO vote)
- 15% to fund OBADA and DAO efforts
- 75% to a treasury reserve for token buyback (liquidity reserve) and other purposes.
- At this time there are no plans to offer OBD to the general public or on any public token exchange.
- At this time, OBADA is a permissioned industry-led project targetted at the asset disposition sector.
- At this time, only accredited or corporate investors may purchase OBD or DAO stakes.